Letter, Florence Stoff to George Stoff, Brooklyn, New York, June 8, 1944

Item

Contributor
Stoff Family
Creator
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/9787
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
Mrs. Florence Stoff
3021 Ave I
Brooklyn, NY

Cpl George Stoff (42050100)
Co A 735 RWY OPN BN
Fort Snelling, Minn.

Thursday afternoon & eve –
June 8th 1944

George, dearest,
It was an ideal June day from morn to sun-down and to make it brighter Sarah came to do the necessary scrubbing. The apartment smelled good after she was finished and to top it all she’s taking my suit for $8.00. A bargain to her and good riddance to me.

Baby and I are feeling great, taking in plenty of fresh air and sunshine but I’m a little exhausted running after that constant little fire-engine. We have a strong boy who’s always rarin’ to go and Mommy needs Daddy around at least one day a week. The war must end real soon if for that reason alone. I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, that I’ll appreciate you so much when you return. Jimmie can take pounds off you in no time but he’s still our precious babe.

Under separate cover, I mailed your garters and to-day I received that camp news with your Tuesday letter. Believe it or not, regular mail gets here as quickly as air-mail from Minnesota. Your picture looks good but the summer uniform isn’t as flattering as the winter garb. It’s good to see you smile, my love, and we'll do the same on this side of the Mississippi.

Joel’s condition is the same, fair and resting comfortably. He also had a fair night and we’ll visit him again on Saturday. Thelma spoke to Bess last night and all is well with the [Ba?t’s]. They had a packed house for the holidays and will probably take in a fortune this season. It’s sure a wonderful, just world – ain’t it – darling?

After shopping this morning, Jimmie fell asleep (11:15) and I walked to the park to relax. It’s quite restful for me to lay in the sun even for an hour and I’m trying to make a habit of it. Baby awoke at 12:30 and we went home for lunch and also received some phone calls. Spoke to Mom and Pop this eve and they’re both well. Min Lieber called and have you written them lately. They’re well and send their regards. Betty Cohen called yesterday and is still very thin, worried about her brother who’s ill and Fritzie’s husband is in Italy. Her best to you. This morn. I called Leo Schwartz who’s taking care of the matter if it isn’t too late and he also received your letter. Billy called again – his best to you. I called Mr. Brown and thanked him. My family is O.K. and Joe Holzman paid me a 5 minute visit the other night. His regards to you.

Baby’s asleep now with his little head devoid of those blonde ringlets. He has a haircut today and looks like the sweet little boy he’s always been. I have a blonde curl for you and I’m enclosing it in this letter.

I may go to the movies to-night so I’ll continue to-morrow with the news of home and family.

All my love, adoration and devotion to the sweetest husband of all. Good-night, darling, and a kiss and hug from Mommy and Jimmie.
As always,
Florence
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1944

Position: 5562 (18 views)