Letter, George Stoff to Florence Stoff, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 13, 1944

Item

Title

Description

Letter, 4 Pages, Envelope

Contributor

Stoff Family

Coverage

New Orleans, Louisiana

Creator

Stoff, George

Date

1944-03-13

Format

PDF

Identifier

https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/9462

Language

eng

Rights

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/

Type

Text

Text

Pvt. Geo Stoff 42050100
Co A 735 RWY. OPN. BN.
Camp Plauche
New Orleans, LA.

Mrs. Florence Stoff
3021 Ave. I
Brooklyn,
New York

Monday 3 – 13 – 44
Florence, dearest:
Please excuse the brevity of my mail until next Sunday night, but I will endeavor to write daily, but I missed yesterday. Too busy and all that. Having wonderful weather, and to-day I fired a rifle for the first time. Much to my surprise I did much better than I expected to. With my first 20 practice shots, I missed the target only once, and did manage to hit the bulls-eye 4 times. This was all practice and to-morrow we shoot for record. Did manage however to get a nice burn (sun) and if the beautiful weather continues I should really get browned up this week.

Received your Friday letter, and also El’s Saturday letter. Hope you managed to see a good picture, and that Jimmy slept right thru and not disturb Eleanor. It is so good to read about his antics, and to know that both you and he are so well. Please endeavor to continue that way, and as soon as it can be arranged daddy will send for you both. I do hope we will have our technical close to a clean city rather than one like New Orleans.

It is impossible to write much as lights go out very early, and we arise very early, so don’t be disappointed. It is true time sure is passing quickly, as one looks at a calendar, but each day away from you and Jim and the folks is like an eternity; but let up be hopeful and patient. All this must end soon.

Kiss Jim for daddy, and I’ll kiss you in mind with love in my heart.
As ever,
Gg.

Provenance

Keene State College

Item sets

Site pages