Letter, George Stoff to Florence Stoff, Hamm, Germany, June 1, 1945

Item

Contributor
Stoff Family
Coverage
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/9437
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
-147-
Hamm
1 June 1945

Florence, dearest:
Cycling about for approximately an hour and a half finds me a tired young man but determined to reply to my pretty wife in two elegant letters. Your letters dated May 24th and 26th and 27th arrived today, in addition to Bob’s letter of the 25th. It was heart warming to read your excellent spirit in every word, and believe you me the spirit it catching. Your continued determination that this is our year will prove to be a reality, and I know we’ll be together ere long. Your summer vacation is just the thing to help while the time away, and your letters will help me to await the inevitable reunion in Brooklyn.

There is much in your letters to write about and reply, but with your permission I’ll postpone part of my letter writing until tomorrow. Frankly, I’m tired and somehow writing is more difficult when one is fatigued. You seem most enthusiastic about your deals with the mattresses and spreads. I do hope Eleanor gives you prompt service on the new ones, as you never know when you may have to come home for a day or two. The mattresses and spreads gave us many years of service and pleasure, and the service you get seems quite substantial. The deal on the car is not clear at all. Is this being done by the insurance company who has our policy or what’s the story behind all this. In any event getting the car painted and the radio repaired should please you. It seems to me that at that price you should have sufficient money left to buy a new dress.

I’m glad that mirror arrived in good shape, and was the other contents of the box intact? It may interest you to know that the mirror was designed by one artist, the outline cut out by a second, and the carving completed by a third carver. Some day when you have had it completed as desired take an indoor close-up picture of it and send it to Frank, or we can do that when I return. The decorating magazines have not yet arrived, but the Times and the Digests reach me okay.

Enclosed more snaps and another $25.00 money order- I will write you a long letter tomorrow - but long or short letter I love you always. Kiss Jim for me, I’ll give you your usual kiss in mind. My best to everyone,
As ever,
George
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1945
Media
14.pdf

Position: 6606 (15 views)