Letter, Florence Stoff to George Stoff, June 13, 1944

Item

Contributor
Stoff Family
Creator
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/9376
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
Mrs. Florence Stoff
3021 Avenue I
Brooklyn 10, N.Y.

Cpt George Stoff (42050100)
Co A 735 RWY OPN BN
Ft. Snelling, Minn.

Tuesday night
11:45 P.M.
June 13th 1944

George dearest,
It’s quite late but I must write to-night and Ben will mail this in the morning from the city. There’s so much to tell so I’ll start at once. Your folks are well and I spoke to Pop.

Baby and I are well, so happy and excited, and we’ll see you early Tuesday evening. Mr. Pincus called at 5:00 pm to tell me that he obtained the ticket (round trip) and bedroom on the New York Central. We leave on Monday 12:01 noon from Grand Central and arrive in Chicago at 7:45 A.M. Tuesday morning. Then we’re to take either the Burlington Zepher which leaves at 9 AM and arrives in St. Paul at 3:15 P.M. – or – the Milwaukee Road train which leaves at 10:30 and arrives at 6:15 p.m. I’ll wire you from Chicago to let you know which train to meet. I don’t know the cost of all this but when I pick up the ticket from Pincus at the office I’ll give him a check for the amount. He really went all out for us and it’s so difficult to get accommodations now. (I didn’t send any packages to you.)

Baby and I were busy from morning till night. Aside from the daily routine, I made an appointment with Harry Jaffee because of a tooth that was annoying me a little. (Don’s work) Behind that fancy gadget he made for me there was a cavity and plenty deep.

Harry filled it instead of extracting it and here’s hoping it doesn’t bother me again for a while. Billy called and came out at 5:00 to finish off the reel. He did and took 100 ft. of color film besides. What a friend – he’s really Santa Claus. We took the pictures on the campus and the gardens within. He also brought me a beautiful dress as a going away gift and 2 fancy pin ornaments. I didn’t know what to say to him. The dress fits perfect and you’ll like it too. I asked him to stay for supper but he had to rush off to a Fellowcraft meeting in the city. His best wishes to you. I’ll send off the films if you think it advisable or shall I give your address as a return address. Let me know if possible and if I don’t get word from you by Saturday or Monday morning I’ll send them with our return address (home) and Betty or Toby will keep them until I return.

Then I took care of Jimmie, who behaved nicely all day and he fell asleep soon after supper. Ruth [Pophin?] and I did a little shopping on Flatbush Ave and Ben watched Jimmie upstairs.

It’s morning now and the weather looks nice again. I’ll try to bring my baggage into the city on Sunday, check it and get a load off my mind. I’ll take the box camera and a few rolls of film too.

All my love to you, my darling, and a kiss from baby. We’ll soon see you and tell you again how much I love you.
As always,
Florence
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1944

Position: 5846 (18 views)