Letter, Florence Stoff to George Stoff, Brooklyn, New York, June 6, 1945

Item

Contributor
Stoff Family
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/11290
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
Wednesday eve-
June 6th 1945

Dearest Beloved,
You seem so close to me with your letters only 8 and 9 days old and those wonderful snapshots you send daily are the source of much joy and humor. Todays mail included your May 27th and May 29th swell letters and, darling, I really enjoyed reading every word you wrote. But that cooking picture of you doing your daily duty is the funniest pose I’ve ever seen in my life. Mom, dad, and I really had a good laugh laughing at your face and reading the story in back of the picture.

Very little to relate yesterday so I scribbled off two v. mails to you. I was left busy all evening with my kitchen cabinets and putting the closets in order and “gun flitting” all the corners. Betty and Ben left Laurence with me and went to a local movie. It seems as though I have a way with Laurence and he obeys me more quickly than his mom. Jim just loves any kid, person, or animal around so I allowed both rascals to play until after 8 and then both went to bed without any fuss.

This morning at 9:30 a.m. Billy called to wish us a mild summer and your early return. His best wishes to you and I’ll keep in touch with him during summer. Jim and I left the house quite early, took out the car and and Allen was nice enough to take some movie shots of us on the campus. From there we paid mom a visit until about noon time and I then drove her to the Newkirk Avenue station. I also took some pictures of mom and Jim on E. 14th Street and I hope I get some shots of Dad before Dan calls for his camera. (to-morrow night). We arrived home for lunch and naps and later in the afternoon drove to Ruby’s store. His father, Harry, Eleanor, Jim and I drove to Prospect Park and shot more film there. I hope to finish off the reel to-morrow and here’s hoping we got some good photos. The weather is clear to-night with starry sky and a nice moon. The sun will not disappoint us on the morrow.

During the day I phoned the folks and asked them for dinner to-night. We enjoyed a delicious beef dinner with salads, carrots and asparagus. Then fruit cocktail and coffee with coffee cake. Until Bess’s call came in from Monticello. I had intentions of driving us to Monticello to-morrow but I’ll have to wait another day or two. It seems as though the floors aren’t quite dry yet and they’re now painting the outside of the house. Bess is fine and Jon and Hy are O.K. too. Also spoke to Sonny, my mom and Danny. All are well and send their regards to you. Jim and I are O.K and Jim had a grand time showing off his stuff in front of his “Grandma and Pop” Tonight. When Jim was asleep, I drove the folks home. As always, I love you more than life itself and wish I had you in my arms this minute. Patience – I know.

All our love and devotion
Florence and Jim
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1945
Media
8.pdf

Position: 4261 (22 views)