Letter, Florence Stoff to George Stoff, December 23 and 24, 1943, Letter 2

Item

Description
Contributor
Stoff Family
Creator
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/11171
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
Mrs. George Stoff
3021 Avenue I
Brooklyn, NY.

Pvt. George Stoff (42050100)
Detach. NoBE (PROV.)
c/o Postal Officer
Camp Livingston, La.
[The above address is struck-thru in pencil and replaced with the following:]
8 Bn TCUTC

Thursday eve –
Friday morn –
Dec 23 – 24
Dearest,
Sam, Kay and Anita paid me a short visit to night and picked up the Xmas gifts. I called Kay this evening early and they were also going to visit Mom and Pop. This stationary is a gift from them and Jimmie got $5.00 from Anita. I bought them hankies for Sam – evening handkerchief for Kay and a hat and pocket book set for Anita. They seemed pleased with all the gifts. They send their best to you.

The baby and I are well and still miss our dear Daddy. It’s so nice and comfy here and the weather has turned a bit milder. There’s a nice Christmas tree in our lobby and I’ll probably see the sup’t Sam and give him his gift to morrow.

Terry Whitman sent me a Vmail letter to-day and Mr. Kessler and Mildred and Herbert Reuben sent me Xmas cards. Here’s Terry’s address.
Pvt. Terry Whitman 12124098
3rd Det, 62nd [Camel?] Co,
APO 927 c/o PM, San Francisco, Cal.

It was written on Dec. 2nd 1943. If you have any time, write to him.

I’ve been quite lucky to get a pack of films and Addy Sherwin also got me a roll. So more snaps will be taken soon and then forwarded to you.

Those creole pralines are quite delicious and perhaps the finest one I had didn’t find me in the praline mood.

To-morrow I have an appointment with the beauty parlor and expect to get a nice hair-do and the trimmings. Betty is going to watch Jimmie while I’m gone. Most of my shopping is done for the week-end and from Monday on I’m going to rest and make that body of mine beautiful again,

Good night, my sweet, will continue to-morrow. Love

Fri morn. Jimmie and I overslept, my mind seems to be at ease again. After breakfast, I went down for the mail. No mail from you but I did get a bill for your vault. The check will be sent out to-night or to-morrow night. Baby is fine, tries to talk and says the most unusual words – which I cannot comprehend. Spoke to the folks – all’s well.

The weather is clear and colder.

All my love and devotion to you, sweetheart.
As always,
Florence
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1943

Position: 3388 (24 views)