Letter, Florence Stoff to George Stoff, January 5, 1944, Letter 2

Item

Contributor
Stoff Family
Creator
Date
Format
PDF
Identifier
https://commons.keene.edu/s/KSCArchive/item/10910
Language
eng
Rights
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Type
Text
Text
Mrs. George Stoff
3021 Ave I
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Pvt. George Stoff (425050100)
Co. A – 8th Bn (Camp)
Camp Plauche
New Orleans, La.

Wednesday afternoon
Dec. 5th 1944.

Dearest sweetheart,
No mail from you to-day and the last I heard from you was written on Thursday last. I hope and pray that you’re well and not working too hard. I still love you, my dearest, and it almost seems like seven centuries since I’ve seen you last – it’s already 7 weeks to-day.

Jimmie is now dozing off and I have a few errands to do – the bank and the Post Office. I received the E.L. check and also a refund of $9.84 from the Metropolitan Life Ins. Co. This is part of the Met. Life’s letter and I believe you’ll know what it is all about. “According to the terms of this policy, the supplementary benefits stated above are suspended while the insured is in military service in time of war.” Premium now payable is $92.20 annually. If you want a copy of the letter, please let me know. I’m depositing the check in the Flatbush Bank and cashing the office check and getting 2 bonds – one for baby – one for us.

Charlie brought me the liquor and he’s swell to have such good stuff which is really at a premium and one has to have a priority for it. Here are the names of the bottles and prices.

1 – Imperial – (Hiram Walker’s Blended Whiskey). 4/5 – 3.07
1 – Old Charter (Kentucky Bourbon) 7 yrs. Old – 4/5 4.09
2 – Old Mountain Apple Jack @ 3.35 – (quart) 6 yr. old.
1 – Havana Club Rum – 4.33
Total 19.19

Hope above is O.K. darling and that we’ll drink it real soon and also make merry and pitch some woo. I sure do miss my sweet husband.

It’s clearing up a bit but baby and I will no go out until the sun is shining again. Sarah was here this morning and did some work – she’ll be here again on Friday – I hope. In the meantime all is in order – financially and spiritually.

Danny called last night and said he wasn’t going to attend the Lodge meeting – all the Eiders are well. Harry Abrams sent a pack of films, via p.p.. today and I’ll call him to-night. Also received a note of thanks from Arthur Lieher and a nice letter from the U.S.O. – Manhattan Beach Branch. Also a booklet from Lewkowitz showing some diamond studded junk – not for me, darling – all I want is you around my neck.

All is well on both home fronts and Bess told me about the sweet letter you sent her. Thanks, darling. Did you get the package from my Mother and Eleanor?

Until the morrow, my dearest, with that same devotion and love, you find baby and me loving you as much as ever
Florence
Provenance
Keene State College
Item sets
Stoff 1944

Position: 2934 (26 views)