Presentation Title

Brink of Control

Presentation Type

Performance

School

School of Arts and Humanities

Discipline

Theater and Dance

Mentor

Cynthia McLaughlin

Abstract

“Brink of Control” is a well- rounded dance piece performed by four talented dancers, Brooke Meehan, Jacob Chiza, Jordan Pierce, Sarah Zappone. They are accompanied by a recording of the song “Gene takes a drink” composed by, Michael Gordon and Bang on a Can All- Stars. This piece follows a student’s battle with stress. When I generated the choreography for this piece, I thought about all aspects of my life I juggle daily. The cast and I created a fairly short list of maintaining grades; friendships to nurture and family back home. Embracing these very consuming topics of everyday life, the cast brings the audience through apprehension and struggle, all while finding strength from within. I choreographed a piece that brings the audience to a place where they feel they can relate to the world these dancers form on stage. The cast and I hope you enjoy “Brink of Control”.

Share

COinS

Brink of Control