Presentation Title

An Internship Program Created by an Intern: What Are the Benefits?

Presenter Information

Allison Brady

Mentor

Robert Baker

Location

David F. Putnam Science Center - 126

Abstract

A well-designed internship program provides many opportunities for students to make connections and gain experience. In this presentation, I will outline my experience designing a company-wide internship program as an intern for Markem-Imaje. I researched the best practices, identified by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), and defined the criteria necessary for a successful program. This included real work experience, team involvement, and compensation. An internship ultimately should benefit both the student and the company; the student, by expanding knowledge and gaining skills, and the company, by adding youthful talent to the team. This presentation is for parents, faculty, students, and anyone looking to learn more about internships, how they work, and their benefits.

Share

COinS

Apr 11th, 11:30 AM Apr 11th, 12:30 PM

David F. Putnam Science Center - 126