Presenter Information

Valerie Carpentier

Mentor

Tanya Sturtz and Gary Bonitatibus

Location

L. P. Young Student Center – Lantern And East Dining Rooms

Abstract

This poster presentation seeks to articulate the process of writing, illustrating, and self-publishing a bedtime story into a paperback book. Today, publication without the right connections is nearly unattainable, which is the reason self-publication was chosen. The poster will show the steps taken during all aspects of the publication process including artifacts like: feedback from professors, friends, and an author; illustrations; the editing process; and the book itself. In addition, there will be personal artifacts such as hand written notes that will show my thoughts throughout the creation of the middle grade fantasy novel. A display of strategies will focus on marketing and advertising with the climax of how two stores agreed to sell my book. Through visual and written artifacts, my poster will convey an in depth view of the writing process, providing suggestions, insights, and tips for fellow aspiring authors.

Share

COinS

Apr 11th, 4:15 PM Apr 11th, 5:15 PM

Bedtime Story To Book: Journey To Publication